183-6. Inspection Fee Schedule
A. Residential (rental) use group. The residential use group shall include buildings with dwelling units not listed as a Life Hazard by the New Jersey Bureau of Fire Safety and one or two family Non-Owner Occupied units.
1-4 units 42.00
5-10 units 90.00
11-20 units 120.00
21-40 units 150.00
Each additional 20 units or less 35.00
B. Commercial, Mercantile or Industrial use Group- The commercial, mercantile and Industrial use includes all buildings not listed as a Life Hazard by the State of New Jersey.
1. Bldgs. With or without attached dwelling
units not in excess of 1000 square feet $50.00
2. Bldgs. With or without attached dwelling
units in excess of 1000 square feet not
exceeding 3000 square feet. $75.00
3. Bldgs. in excess of 3000 square feet not
exceeding 9000 square feet. $100.00
4. Bldgs. in excess of 9000 square feet.
not exceeding 15000 square feet. $170.00
5. Bldgs. in excess of 15000 square feet not
exceeding 50,000 square feet $215.00
6. Bldgs. in excess of 50,000 square feet not
exceeding 100,000 square feet. $285.00
7. Bldgs. in excess of 100,000 square feet not.
exceeding 200,000 square feet. $475.00
8. Bldgs. in excess of 200,000 sq. ft. not
exceeding 300,000 sq. ft. $705.00
C. Bldgs. in excess of 300,000 sq. for each additional 100,000 sq. ft. or part thereof. $245.00
Each Floor or story shall be calculated as separate areas for total buildings calculations.
D. Any vacant property will be required to have an exterior inspection done
Annually, for Fire Code and Life Safety violations (Business/mercantile/commercial) $50.00
Smoke Detector inspections will be conducted on all one and two family residential dwellings for resale. Smoke detector inspections will be done on all rental properties at change of tenants. The fee for inspection and issuance of a certificate will be;
10 or more business days prior to settlement $50.00
4-10 business days prior to settlement $75.00
0-4 business days prior to settlement $125.00
Failure and re-inspection fee $35.00
Failure to maintain scheduled appointment/denied entry $15.00
E. The following building or structure if classified as non-life hazard, although not exempt from registration or inspection, will be exempt from paying an inspection fee as pursuant to the act.
1. Municipal owned buildings.
2. Fire Stations
3. Ems Stations
4. House of Worship (excluding rooms for public assembly –meeting halls, social halls, rental halls)
F. Miscellaneous Fees.
1. Fire Reports- $35.00
2. Photographic reproduction requested $50.00
3. No cost for thumb drive or compact disk format (if provided by requester)
4. Certificate of Fire Code Status - $35.00
5. Returned Check Charge- $25.00